Protection and Management for your hard drive
Your hard drive does not just need to be protected against threats from the outside; it also has to be managed properly so that it will operate at maximum efficiency. That is why Paragon has come up with a unique software package that can take care of all of the tasks that are involved in both activities and has some of the most advanced features you’ll find in a hard drive manager.
In this Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite review, we will give you some of the essential features or the software, as well as the installation process, system requirements and details of usage. We also have a Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Coupon to share. A terse list of reasons for buying or not buying the product will conclude the Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suit review so please read on…
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite Features
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite has all of the things that you need for backing up files, recovering those that have been lost and restoring lost partitions. The package consists of the following, plus some additions that will be listed later in the New and Improved section of this Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite review.
- Basic and advanced partitioning for changing hard disk partition labels; deleting, un-deleting, hiding or un-hiding partitions; checking the integrity of the file system; converting file systems without formatting them; running full surface tests; and setting the partition to active or inactive
- Redistribution of free space — The amount thereof on one partition can be increased if you use unallocated portions of the hard drive and unused space on the other partitions.
- A new partitioning scheme, requiring a minimal amount of effort, has been established whereby you can convert basic MBR (master boot records) into GPT (globally unique identifiers [GUID] partition table) disks.
- Boot corrector and manager — The corrector is for fixing common boot problems, while the manager enables you to manage multiple operation systems on a single machine.
- Smart backup wizard — You can back up exactly those things that you need.
- Selective restore — for extracting files and folders from images without the need to restore them in their entire form
- Hot processing options such as live backup
- Backup encryption and password protection
- Disaster recovery for the Apple Boot Camp
- the entire range of copying operations, including copying a hard disk either as a whole or as an independent partition
- Data wiping — This is an operation to which you might want to resort if your machine or smartphone is lost or stolen.
- USB 3.0 support
The complete list is much longer than this; you can see it on the product page of the company’s website. An even more extensive list, including features that are not present on the HDM 15 Suite, is also available in PDF format.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite Trial and Purchase Options
You may either get a free trial or purchase the software; in the latter case, it costs $49.95 but you can get it at a discount using the SoftwareCoupons.com Hard Disk Manager Suite coupon code.
If you have three PCs in your household, you should consider getting the Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite for all of them. There is no need to have it installed separately — Paragon provides a family license version of the suite for the purpose, and it costs $79.95. That is almost $70 less than it would cost to buy one for each machine! In addition, you can upgrade for the price of $69.95. You can find the SoftwareCoupons.com 3 license coupon here.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 15 System requirements
HDM is supported by the Windows operating system only, which includes both the 32- and 64-bit forms of the following versions:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- XP (Home Edition SP2 and Professional SP2/SP3)
Recently, the software has been updated to be compatible with Windows 8.1 as well. Also on the list of system requirements are:
- the equivalent of Intel Pentium CPU, with 300 megahertz
- 256 megabytes of RAM, or 512 for the Windows PE Recovery CD
- 250 MB of disk space
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
- a mouse, an SVGA video adapter and monitor, and a CD ROM drive
For more details on these, as well as the HDD interfaces, file systems, virtual machines and storage formats, see the System Requirements section of their website.
Using Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite
As you can see from the screenshot above, you have a wide range of wizards at your disposal that perform a variety of tasks. You can transfer files, reconfigure your network, copy disks, perform a disk wipe and resize files, among other things.
New and improved Features Of Hard Disk Manager Suite
The most recent version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite includes many features in addition to those listed earlier, some of which are simply improvements. Again, the list below is by no means exhaustive; the complete list is on their website.
- Partitioning engine
- Split partitions
- Automatic partition alignment
- HFS file systems conversion
- Paragon Adaptive Restore 3.0
- Backup and restore to and from FTP/sFTP
- Backup to VD wizard
- Merging incremental virtual containers
- File exclusion for Copy HDD
- Support for major virtual machines
- Support for many things for which there had previously been none, like uEFI
Hard Disk Manager Suite Review & Conclusion
Paragons Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite is not some light weight hard drive manager. The features that are offered in their new Version 15 are substantial and impressive. If you are a general PC user and looking for a program to copy, restore, backup, or migrate your hard drive data, the Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite will definitely do the trick.
If your an Advanced PC user or System Admin, the Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite offers the advanced features that professionals are looking for such as File Level Backup/Restore for Virtual Containers, Selective Restore Options, Merging or incremental Virtual Containers, Splitting Partitions and even Migrating OS to dissimilar hardware. Everything a PC Super-User would want for hard drive management.
We are almost finished with our Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite review, But we did promise to include pros and cons, so here are some.
UPDATE 5-6-15 Paragon Just Released Service Pack 2 for Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite – Here are the New Features Added
- The number and range of awards given to this software speak volumes. Its a well proven and thoroughly tested software program.
- It is the most efficient of its kind.
- You can easily manage partitions as it suits you.
Its features can be a bit complicated, however detailed documentation is provided and its advanced features require a bit of complexity.
SoftwareCoupons.com offers Coupon Codes for Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 and All of Paragon’s lineup of Home, Small Business & Enterprise Software
Click here to View all of the Paragon Software Products & Coupons <–View All Discount Offers